1. Create a novel inspiration pinboard (Amanda Luedeke)
2. Write original descriptions when you re-pin things to your board to put your own stamp of creativity. (Peg Fitspatrick)
3. Let Pinterest showcase the special things about you. Your readers will love to learn about the person behind the writing. (Peg Fitspatrick)
4. Stay focused: If you write cookbooks, you can pin anything food-related from vegetable gardens to table settings. But if you want to pin fashion and celebrities for your personal interests, set up a separate, personal account. (Melissa Donovan guest blog)
1. World building inspiration
2. Ethnic clothing
I'm no clothing expert, but what a character wears says a lot about where he or she comes from, or what his or her trade is.
3. Traditional food from around the world
It got me thinking about how I should present food in in my imaginary world. What foods would make sense in a certain climate? Do all of these people have to eat with a knife and fork? These are the questions I asked myself and a board for different culinary styles and utensils would give me inspiration to come up with something new.
4. Sexy stationary
5. Dream workspace
6. Marketing/Publishing for the clueless
7. Writing/editing for the floundering newbie
So that's it! Over the next month or so, I'll be working on getting these boards up. What about you? Are you a Pinterest user? What boards do you have up? If you’re an aspiring writer like I am, I’d love to connect with you. Let me know what your Pinterest name is and I’ll look you up.